So here are, at least, three that I've tried recently and they are WINNERS !!
I ran across these on facebook....tried them and they Work!
One is a Homemade Deodorant. (works really well)
The others are a Vegan cake mix with Vegan frosting! (super yummy)
My Deodorant recipe called for all kinds of essential oils so feel free to use what ever ones YOU like.
I happen to have a 1/2 jar of 'Native Touch Bear Rub' here at home so used a melted version of this with the recommended baking soda and cornstarch and it hardened and works GREAT !!
(better than my store bought, believe it or not)
I will copy and paste these here for you:
Deodorant Recipe 1 – Ingredients
- 3 T Coconut Oil
- 3 T Baking Soda
- 2 T Shea Butter
- 2 T Arrowroot (optional) (or use cornstarch)
- Essential (not synthetic ) Oils (optional)
Deodorant Recipe 1 – Instructions
- Melt shea butter and coconut oil in a double boiler over medium heat until barely melted. (I use the microwave for 30-45 seconds)
- UPDATE: Combine in a quart size glass mason jar with a lid instead and place this in a small saucepan of water until melted. This will save your bowl and you can just designate this jar for these type of projects and not even need to wash it out…
- Remove from heat and add baking soda and arrowroot (If you don’t have arrowroot, use more baking soda or cornstarch)
- Mix well
- Add essential oils and pour into a glass container for storage. It does not need to be stored in the fridge.
- If you prefer, you can let it cool completely and put into an old deodorant stick for easier use, though it may melt in the summer!
Deodorant Recipe 2 – Ingredients
- 6 T coconut oil
- 1/4 cup (4 T) baking soda
- 1/4 cup (4 T) arrowroot or cornstarch
- essential oils (optional) - (not synthetic oils)
- Mix baking soda and cornstarch together in a medium sized bowl.
- Mash in coconut oil with a fork until well mixed.
- Add oils if desired. I like to add a little Tea Tree oil for its antibiotic properties.
- Store in small glass jar or old deodorant container for easy use.
Why Use Natural Deodorant?
- I started this pursuit to avoid the alzheimers and breast cancer, but I’m a lifelong convert because it works! No, really! I was the girl who rejoiced when Secret Clinical Strength came out before prom one year. I’ve had to use regular deo a few times since I started the natural, and it doesn’t work as well. Although not an antiperspirant, it does seem to absorb a lot of wetness.
After a few weeks of using natural, I noticed an unexpected side effect… I wasn’t sweating as much to begin with. Months later, and I notice this even more!
I urge you to try making your own deodorant. Even if you aren’t daunted by the ingredients in your own deo, wouldn’t you feel better knowing you weren’t putting anything on your skin that you couldn’t eat (not that you would want to eat shea butter!)
If you do try it, let me know the outcome!
CRAZY CAKE RECIPE
(NO EGGS, MILK, BUTTER OR BOWLS)
- 1 1/2 Cups flour (all-purpose)
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa (unsweetened)
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 5 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Cup water
Directions (picture tutorial below)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix first 5 dry ingredients in a greased 8" square baking pan. Make 3 depressions in dry ingredients - two small, one larger (see #3 in photo below). Pour vinegar in one depression, vanilla in the other and the vegetable oil in third larger depression. Pour water over all. Mix well until smooth.
Bake on middle rack of oven for 35 minutes. Check with toothpick to make sure it comes out clean. Cool. Top with your favorite frosting. Enjoy!
Note: Oven cooking times may vary, be sure to check your cake to make sure you do not over bake.
Two Ingredient Vegan Frosting!! (BEST EVER frosting!!)
Add this on top of your super EASY vegan cake for a SUPER moist and delicious cake.
Go to: Coconut Oil Lotion Bar for healthy skin. This is an EASY and healthy alternative to lotions!! ♥